Not really a milsurpp, but I do believe the barrels are turned down .303 blanks, so milsurp-ish

This is a Lithgow Mod12 or "heavy barrel" as some old timer referred to it (the following Mod 55 had a lighter shorter barrel). I have no idea the history of this rifle. It had no pitting on the rifle itself but has some on the scope. The bluieng ranges form really good to non existent courtesy of some mouse urine again.. When i first got it the woodwork was in a bad way. It had a clear coat that was flaking off and was heavily dinged. I stripped the clear coat with minwax and steamed to get the major dings out followed by a very light sand. It then had a lot of BLOicon rubbed into it and was put away for storage as life and kids caught up. Plan is to re-finish with the Mod24 and have them as a "pigeon pair". i have another "Field Australiaicon" scope mount that will fit this if this scope proves unusable, and though it will require having the receiver tapped I'm not too concerned as it would be of the same vintage

Only thing i need is a magazine for it. The 10 shot mags were very unreliable and forever had feeding issues I'm told. the mod55 i inherited from my grandfather has an unmodified Anschutz mag in it and it works like a dream, so i will hunt one down eventually

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.