So in the few short months that I have been collecting, I have hit on two crazy finds. At least I thought I got a good deal?

1. I was searching on Craigslist for WWII items and I stumbled upon an ad for a "translation handkerchief." I knew I had seen these before, but I did not know the technical term, but I eventually figured it out and jumped in on this. So I meet up with the guy, who found these items, while cleaning apartment complexes. He says here you go for 55 and I have this bayonet that has been riding around in my car for an extra 30. Little did I know, it was a Kar98 bayonet. So I get a great looking bloodchit and Nazi bayonet (with numbers and eagle) for 85 bucks!

2. I have been going to estate sales for a couple months trying to find things and I drive an hour to this one by Flint. Turns out this gentleman served in the 84th Infantry division and left about 20 Garandicon clips, a ammo bag, a fully intact K ration, m1 ammo pouch, 84th Inf. 50 year reunion stuff, a battle account by an office and this cool battle map. All for 100 bucks. Now, I am not sure what the value of the battle account, anniversary stuff or the map are, but I think they are great artifacts and I'm pretty damn happy with it.

Any input on value or anything else would be appreciated!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.