I figured you boys might have an idea about this.

I found this knife at a junk shop recently and I have no idea what it is or where to look for info about it. It appears to be hand made and bears no maker's mark whatsoever. It came in a bag marked "Continental Can Co. INC. BETNER DIV. MIL-B-131B. CLASS 1 MIL-36 FEB., '54 450F - 500F 40 P.S.I.-SEC. OWELL Ferndale, MICH.

Okay, the bag at least was made in Ferndale, Michigan (not far from where I live actually) in February, 1954. It is foil lined and reinforced inside at the far end for the blade tip. The dagger is all one piece and has very nice weight to it, maybe 18" overall. I'm thinking it is some machinist's project at Continental Can, but then again every factory that could retool for WWII did so...albeit nine years too late in this case...if the bag is anything other than a scrap put together to store it, that is.

Anyone have the slightest idea about this thing? Either way it was worth the $12 I paid for it, but it would be interesting to know something about it.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.