Took my L1A1 / SLR to the range this morning.
Last time out there were feeding issues and i put them donw to the fact that I brought FAl magazines instead of L1A1 magazines so they weren't seating properly (or so I thought).

This time however I had correct L1A1 magazines but again experienced significant issues. These were an occasional failure to eject but mainly a consistent failure to feed properly, where the next round was jammed at an angle against the bolt. This happened slightly less when I was down to the last few rounds in the Magazine. I am in CA so there are blocks in the mag to restrict them to ten rounds but that should not make a difference as its just like shooting with the full 20 rounds in the magazine, but could the mag springs be too strong?

I adjusted the gas level to the max but I confess as this point I have NOT cleaned out the gas system since I bought the rifle so that could be an issue - so I'm just off to strip and do that right now. Any other thoughts please or possible places to look or springs n things that might be weaker / need replacing??
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.