Hey Guys (new to the forum), I was wondering if I could get a little help on a model 12 trench gun? A few years ago I bought a Remington Model 11 for $100 and then found out after the fact it was a US marked riot gun... It is not in the greatest of shape, so don't get too jealous. After that, I started to researching model 1897's and fell in love with the weapon. During this research, i found a Model 12 trench gun on a reputable Gun auction house. Anyway I bought the gun, and it has finally gotten here. I wanted to get your opinions to see if this gun looks correct (SN 9605XX 1943):

It is an arsenol refinish, and the previous owner added a pachmyer recoil pad... There is no cartouche, as I think it was sanded off during the refinish process, and if it is a fake, the recoil pad would not have been added? It was missing the swivel, so I purchased a replacement but still need a swivel for the Bayonet lug.

The barrel is marked 42, but the parkerizing is a little darker than the receiver. Also, above the loading port it is stamped with a "W"

Thanks for your opinions!

Leswad
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.