Well guys, now you will think I'm nuts. Today I took my best shooting CMPicon Carbine and an old M2 stock and glass bedded them together. I liberally ( sorry about that word) slathered release agent on the recoil plate, the flat of the front part of the receiver and trigger housing, and the bottom of the barrel just behind the barrel band. I then built up the rear of the slide well of the stock to bring it back to M1icon configuration using some old lath. Then I glassed the recoil plate in place, glassed over my stock modification so it would come into firm contact with the receiver, and glassed the barrel channel for about an inch right behind the barrel band recess. I've just now popped the rifle out of the stock and cleaned it up. Now I'll wait till tomorrow and take it to the range. If things go as hoped, I'll post some pics and describe the results. If they don't go as planned, I'll pretend I never did it. Steve
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.