Good morning everyone:
I've been looking for a nice C1A1 to round out my Canadian collection for a few years now; I had had one of the 1968 OPP contract ones several years ago and sold it when I foolishly downsized my collection, and of course have regretted that since. Anyway, I recently picked up this C1A1. The fellow I bought it from obtained it in the 1970's from the original owner, who had apparently ordered it custom from CAL back in about 1960 or 1961. It is a C1A1, but has the C2 barrel on it and bipod. It's a nice piece, needs cleaning from sitting for a couple of decades.

Does anyone know the history of these? I was born in 1968, so grew up in the Trudeau era when these were banned, and the only reality of C1A1 and FN's in general I have ever known is that of a "prohibited" weapon and government mistrust of its citizens. I know the Canadian military reportedly destroyed their stocks when they changed to the C7, and it supposedly was only a few of the OPP which are on the market (still like to find one). Was it really possible to special order one of these from CAL back in the day? If so, I find it really depressing to realize how much we as gun owners have lost in Canadaicon.

Ed

Attachment 33857Attachment 33858Attachment 33859Attachment 33860Attachment 33861
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.