Today @ 05:24 AM
    Real Name
    kevin muffett
    Local Date
    05-22-2024
    Local Time
    10:32 PM

Impulse buy.

Did a flying trip to Penrith for a gunshow, I had pre ordered a couple of rifles and was picking them up from the dealer.
    Naturally enough I did the rounds of the stands, a shopping list from club members to fill, when I spotted this one, A 1912 BSA converted? to a .22 Target rifle. not sure if it was a Milsurp action, as I just secured it and the other pickups at home and headed straight off to Brisbane for the Queens, so will get to check it out in a week when I return.
    Some happy snaps........Attachment 55453Attachment 55454Attachment 55455Attachment 55456Attachment 55457Attachment 55458

Unusual insomuch as the bracing to the butt, all drilled and tapped, the sights......new to me and basically why I grabbed it, the nice floorplate job, not a rough job, the forewood, not a milsurp........just a downright interesting piece and at $250 Oz a pretty cheap sight that I don't have. Pity the sight stops the bolt from being removed.

Also grabbed a 1922 Lithgowicon and a 1943 Lithgow, both fullwood, so along with the two I had to pickup, I came home with five SMLE's. The joys of running a collectors club. What I don't want, the lads grab.....thats when they aren't trying to pinch them without me noticing.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 4 Members Say Thank You to muffett.2008 For This Useful Post: