When I bought everything awhile back for my M4 build I bought the BCG from Bravo Company and it's Parkerized Black. Up until today I noticed something a little different maybe it was just me. A friend of mine and I went Shooting and when we finished I pulled out my BCG and just wiped it to see how dirty it was. When you have a black coated BCG you really need a lot of light. When I took it apart to clean and when I finished I looked with a Magnifying Glass and found a little more Residue that was cake on by the piston area. My buddy has a Spike Nickel Boron Coated BCG and his was just a little dirty but still had shine and he just cleaned it and put a small layer of oil on it before we put them back together. After that he shook it and the Bolt moved freely as mine was not it was a little tighter. I really cleaned and scrubbed it put just enough oil...very little. Would anyone know is this a problem or that's just the way some are. Thanks

Happy Shooting, Frank

Note: I came home and ordered a Spike Nickel Boron BCG from Primary Arms in TX just incase.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.