I picked up a RC98 yesterday, at Del Selins gunshop in Vernon BC. I was allowed to cherry pick the 1/2 dozen that were there. The rifle I picked has the desireable, to me, laminated stock with bolted wrist and all milled parts. It also has a pristine bore, I was looking for a shooter, unlike the others that were there. They had been picked over before. The receiver is dot, dated 1944. All of the waffenampt swastikas are intact as are the inspection and acceptance stamps, the mag section of the receiver is marked Mod. 98 and all of it is of course a mixmaster with the usual mixture of numbers and electropenciling. The only thing unusual about this rifle other than the intact waffenampts is that there isn't a serial number on the left or right side of the receiver. The 3 digit serial number that has been electropencilled amd stamped on the stock is only found stamped on the left side of the barrel on the chamber area, in the normal Russianicon manner. The receiver shows absolutely no signs of scrubbing and all of the stampings are very sharp and clean. Because all of the nazi markings are all intact, I am surmiseing that it may have been refurbed by a german prisoner that was detained after the war as slave labour, all IMHO of course. Any thoughts? I will take a few pics for any one that will send me their emal address as I don't seem to have much luck posting pic on any of the sites. I am com challenged, sorry. bearhunter
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.