Hello all. I learned of this site through the Canadian gun nutz forum from questions I have posted there in regards to my german mauser kar98a, or so I was told. I"m more into modern sporting rifles and shotguns then milsurps (I believe thats what they are called) but I would like to learn. My father in law owned a ww1 german mauser his uncle took from a dead soilder and brought back to Canadaicon with him (oh those were the days) He let his lic. lapse so the gov't told him he had to get rid of it. I am the only one in the family legally allowed to own guns so he gave it to me. Near as I can tell all the numbers match but unfortunatly, as with a lot of these his uncle cut the stock down to resemble a sporting rifle. I know it well never be the same but I would like to try and replace with the proper stock. Anyways, I'll surf this site for a bit and see what I can learn and ask some questions soon. Thanks for reading.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.