In my first post, I covered "The Lee-Enfield Rifle" by Major E.G.B. Reynolds, one of the classics.

The second one I will never part with is one that you can still find at Gun Shows, if you dig a bit. If you want to shoot the Lee-Enfield N0.4 Rifle, this one is for you. It is weighted more for instructors, illustrated in "Cartoon" fashion, but I doubt you will find another book that gives so much information on shooting with the Lee-Enfield.

The foreward says "The Johnson Method of Coaching was developed by Lt. Col. Stephen Johnson over a period of 20 years experience in the art of shooting. Lt. Col. Johnson has earned an enviable reputation as one of Canadaicon's outstanding rifle shots, winning several championships and being a five times member of Canada's Bisley Team."

This book is mine, earned on the target range. Inside the flyleaf is the notation "April, 1954
Prize won for shooting. Congratulations and good shooting in the future.
(signed) Steve Johnson"

The book was issued by the Canadian Army. It is 240 pages of information on Marksmanship, WWII Canadian style.

The title is "Shoot to Live", an official Handbook.

Shoot-to-live. Presenting the Johnson Method of Musketry Coaching. As
adopted by The Canadian Army.

Chapter 1. Introduction
Chapter 2. Position
Chapter 3. Holding
Chapter 4. Breathing
Chapter 5. Aiming
Chapter 6. Trigger Control
Chapter 7. Co-ordination
Chapter 8. The Range
Chapter 9. Target Analysis
Chapter 10. Zeroing
Chapter 11. Coaching Technique
Chapter 12. Rapid Fire and Snap Shooting
Chapter 13. Psychology of Coaching
Chapter 14. Conclusion

This is one of the best books for the Number 4 Lee-Enfield shooter. If you can find one, grab it. You will not regret the purchase.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.