Good Evening All,

I've been expanding my WWII collection and came across a Carcano that I first thought was an M38. It was missing the upper hand guard, front and rear bands. I won the auction and found when it arrived that it is Brescia M91TS dated 1899. There is minor pitting along the stock line in a few places. The bore appears sharp, dark, but shootable. The bolt was a mess and did not function properly but after disassembling and cleaning I believe it is usable. It was sitting in a stock that it does not fit in properly. The stock has two bolts that I believe are recoil lugs? Does anyone know what rifle this stock belongs on? I'm very new to Carcano rifles and the more I read the more I realize the combinations are almost infinite - and the more confused I get.

My plan is to configure the rifle to a 91/28 as I believe that is how it would have been set up in WWII. So, I can work on the stock I have to get the rifle fitting properly, but still need to find the upper handguard, or I can replace the stock entirely. Thoughts? I have already ordered the upper and lower bands, band spring as well as a follower and follower spring. Concerning the handguard, any ideas where I can get one? I've scoured the internet and haven't found a thing.

I can post additional pics later if that would help.

However, I also recognize that this rifle is only a second year production Moschetto 91TS, so I wonder if I should put it back to its original configuration?

I appreciate the wealth of knowledge I've received related to a different rifle a while back and look forward to the same on this one.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.