Greetings all. Question for the collective oracle. I have a 1942 Bren MK 2 (1942) rebuilt by Len Savage himself. It is chambered in 54R. Has had many issues with the main spring. His rebuild seems to use only one 3/4 in diameter sized recoil spring. When I get them from Len, they start out at about 12 inches however, after only a few hundred rounds they get crushed down to about 9 inches. I start having issues with light primer strikes and/or the trigger not resetting. I have also had issues with a couple of rounds going off with the same pull of the trigger. I am quite sure the springs he is using are too weak for the recoil on the gun. (even though I have the gas setting set at their lightest)

Does anyone else have a MK2 in 54R? I have seen other builds using two mainsprings (larger one and then a smaller one right over the metal guide rod jutting out from the butt and trigger assembly. Any ideas? Does anyone have a source for stronger springs? Ideas as to what might cause more than one round to fire at a time?

I have e-mailed Len a few times on this and he did send me more main springs, but I just keep replacing them and having the same problems.

Thanks,
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.