First of all, the wood, M2 post war, is so bad that I won't embarrass my self by showing you. Worst I've ever seen. No finish, rough, cracked, etc. Firewood. Luck of the draw got me this time.

The pics:

1. Serial No. 3650947. This number, along with some features, I cannot reconcile with either War Baby or Riesch 5th ed. You will see as we go along. Please feel free to contribute on these. I know there are errors in the books, and that may be the case here.

2. Receiver. It is obviously a Type B var 1 (Ruth page 417, fig 377). Has a rounded radius on locator hole shoulder and narrow recoil plate tang. Ruth goes on to say "Qty/SN Range: early use within initial and second SN ranges (1762520-1875039 and 3212520-3250017) after takeover of Grand Rapids plant." My SN is well beyond that range. Fig 378 refers to a range that includes mine, but says it has "square locator hole shoulder".

Also, Reisch says (pg 20): S'G' receivers in the 3600000 range have been observed with the SG subcontract code on the left front side. I suppose this means it CAN, but does not have to, have this. Mine does not.

Note that the tooling locator hole is not drilled all the way thru on part of the entire circumference of the hole.

3. Trigger housing (type III no hole). In front of trigger guard, is marked LGKV 0656. Obviously is Austrian. Don't know if I should be happy or not.

4. Bolt (AOB flat). Has electric pen (or scratched) number 4901 on top.

5. Front sight. Is type I milled (Riesch) but coded RIA on left ear. His book shows RIA only for type III.

6. Buttplate. Has more dots on it than any horizontal stamped plate I've seen. The arrow on the pic points to a row with 14 dots. The most on that row in any of the examples in Ruth and Riesch is 12. Could it be super early?

Finally, Please help me with my trigger code. The best I can guess is S-HR but the dash seems on the wrong side of the middle letter. ?????

I know this is a lot to pour thru but any help will be greatly appreciated. If I can post more pics or answer questions, please let me know. I'll even show you the stock if you insist.

Many regards

Reed
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.