1. It appears that you are you're enjoying our Military Surplus Collectors Forums, but haven't created an account yet. As an unregistered guest, your are unable to post and are limited to the amount of viewing time you will receive, so why not take a minute to Register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to our forums and knowledge libraries, plus the ability to post your own messages and communicate directly with other members. So, if you'd like to join our community, please CLICK HERE to Register !

Already a member? Login at the top right corner of this page to stop seeing this message.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: He wants a BNZ

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Hybrid View

Last On
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Real Name
    Bill Baker
    Local Date
    05-18-2024
    Local Time
    04:08 PM
    Okay, if the BNZ is not really the best to collect, which Germain Mauser from the WWII period should he be looking for?
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Veteran US Navy Seabees - US Army Corps of Engineers - American Legion Post 0867
    " Only two defining forces have offered to die for me. 1.) Jesus Christ 2.) The American G.I. "One died for your soul, the other for your freedom! "

Last On
    05-15-2024 @ 03:08 PM
    Local Date
    05-19-2024
    Local Time
    12:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by usabaker View Post
    Okay, if the BNZ is not really the best to collect, which Germain Mauser from the WWII period should he be looking for?
    Is it to collect, or does he want to shoot it?
    If its to collect, the important consideration these days, is condition and original matching numbers etc., in which case, limited options means you buy the best example you can regardless of the manufacturer.
    If he wants a shooter, then, again, buy the best example you can with the best barrel, matching numbers and other stuff is less of a consideration. Ex-Soviet Capture, or ex-Portuguese ones used to be the cheap option for best shooters, but even these now are getting pricey as K98kicon prices go through the roof.
    Lots and lots of faked, and bubba'd junk out there though, and at silly prices, so you need to learn what you are looking at otherwise you'll get mugged.
    Just the thing for putting round holes in square heads.

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    Last On
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Real Name
    Bill Baker
    Local Date
    05-18-2024
    Local Time
    04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
    Is it to collect, or does he want to shoot it?
    A collectible shooter, but more on the collector side. Thanks for the advice.
    Veteran US Navy Seabees - US Army Corps of Engineers - American Legion Post 0867
    " Only two defining forces have offered to die for me. 1.) Jesus Christ 2.) The American G.I. "One died for your soul, the other for your freedom! "

Last On
    05-15-2024 @ 03:08 PM
    Local Date
    05-19-2024
    Local Time
    12:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by usabaker View Post
    A collectible shooter, but more on the collector side. Thanks for the advice.
    What is his budget, or is that not a consideration?

To be honest, and don't take this too harshly, but I think he'd be better off just trying for a shooter, rather than the collector side.
    As the knowledge reqd to not get burned, and end up with an expensive bubb'd and faked pos, will take a long time to acquire, and given you taken to posting on his behalf as he's otherwise occupied, he clearly lacks the resolve to spend what would be considerable time joining the K98Forum and spending a year or more soaking up the info on there to stand a chance of dipping his toe into the K98kicon collectors world. He's not going to acquire that knowledge overnight I'm afraid.
    Just the thing for putting round holes in square heads.

+ Reply to Thread