Hi Guys

I was hoping someone out there can help with obtaining the correct size/fonts of the lettering that is engraved on top of the reciever on a ww1 Lewis gun. This is the full manufacturing details etc.. Bearing in mind prices for deactivated examples are reaching the stratophere and what with the threat of new EU laws (concerning whats acceptable as a safe Deac) a good friend of mine commissioned a rather talented engineer chap to make an externally exact metal replica using original schematics. This is for re enactment/educational purposes and I guess because he did not want to pay between £4 - £5k for a genuine one only for it to be chopped and welded over beyond recognition if the new EU Bill is passed.

I have had the opportunity to look over the replica and although section weapons are not my thing, it is absoloutely spot on apart from the fact it is minus all the relevant engravings.

My friend being the rivet counter he is, he wants the replica fully engraved exactly like the original to complete the overall effect.

So if anyone could help me with this I can pass on the info to someone who is more than capable of replicating it exactly.

Hope you can help
Many thanks

Mac
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.