Anybody ever make the jump from s Win98 computer to a Win Vista SP1 computer?,I spent almost 5 days trying to get this piece of modern MicroSoft technolgy to work,and it don't and won't,normally computer problems during set ups and so on are the fault of the user,but not this time,fortunately my oldest son was in town yesterday,he's a former programer,found there's a hitch in the mail program of Window's that is also effecting the ISP's mail program,conflicts with anything that's http:// related,I lost all my mail files and a whole bunch of stuff,flash stick wouldn't work on this PC so I couldn't save anything before hand,tired of horsing with it so I fired this old PC back up,tell you how crazy it is,no user manual with new PC,it's an electronic manual,and one trouble shooting answer they give is "if you can't connect to the Internet,go to your ISP's website and look for a download fix",that would be a good trick,I'll play with this this thing for another week and if it don't work I'll give it to one of the kids and look for a Win SX.

Ray
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.