I have a WW 2 vintage Springfield that I got from the CMPicon a few years ago. I have usually fired it with my handloads (150 projectile over 46 grains of 4895)and it has functioned fine. However, the last couple of weekends I have shot it with some Lake City (LC 69) amo that I also got from the CMP and I have been havng problems.

First if I load a clip with the LC amo it will consistently double on me. I know that this can happen with a light trigger due to the recoil, but I was very conscience to firmly hold the trigger back and it still happens. Yet if the next clip is my hand loads it won't double.

Second, if I single load it using a SLED it will consistantly fail to extract and leave the spent case in the chamber. Again it does not do this with my hand loads.

If it was the other way around and it was not working with my handloads but was with the LC I could understand it. Bur not functioning with the LC has me confused. @ things that come to mind are that LC rounds are too hot, or hat the extractor spring might be week (the extractor looks fine)

Any suggestions?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.