Hello all,
I`ve lurked about for some time and have enjoyed reading the posts and gaining knowledge on these great rifles. I currently own two 1910 Sporters and hunt and shoot with them. Age caught up with me and the eyes don`t do iron sights anymore. Didn`t want to poke any holes where they didn`t belong so fashioned a set of mounts that did not require drilling the rifle. The front mount is a Stith 7/8 tube with the extension as used on Mausers and others to reach the rear sight dovetail. To achieve a level scope, spacers made from brass were used to increase the height. The rear mount is a portion of a Redfield junior base for an 03 Springfield.It was cut and is positioned backwards to allow clearance for the windage adjustment screws. It is mounted to the dovetailed filler blank on the rear bridge. It was blind drilled and tapped from bottom side of filler blank to keep the base from rotating.The filler blank was drilled and tapped from the topside and a single screw through the base and blank gives upward pressure on the blank dovetails and creates a solid attachment. The rear ring is a Redfield and the scope a Lyman Alaskan with post reticle. Using old scopes like the Alaskan without perma centered reticles is always a challenge and I was lucky with this one .The post is perfectly centered at zero at 100 yards.
The other Ross is awaiting a scope also. Have always wanted to duplicate the Joe Kidd rifle so am leaning toward an A5 for it. Same process of using the rear bridge filler blank and rear sight slot to afix the bases will be used. Now if someone could tell me how they accomplished the takedown feature I`d be on the way.
Joe
[IMG]http://[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.