Real Name
    A.N.
    Local Date
    05-22-2024
    Local Time
    10:38 PM

1891 Mosin Nagant Infantry Rifle, Soviet Production

Hi all,

Well I thought I would show you all my most recently acquired rifle. It is a 1891 Infantry Rifle manufactured in 1926 at Tula Arsenal (the receiver is a 1898 from Tula I believe but can't verify as I believe it has a hammer above the date but it is so faint). I honestly don't know much about where this rifle has been, maybe Spanish Civil War but unfortunately there are no markings to prove that. The handguard is Finnishicon but that was added after it was sold off (it was missing one when the person I bought it off of bought it). There is no Finnish markings so it is not a Finnish capture. Another interesting point is it has a Tula manufactured trigger but it is the Star not the hammer (so it would have been replaced post 1928 which also means the odds of it being a Spanish Civil War rifle goes down). It is not matching but the action is the smoothest I have ever felt on a Mosin Nagant. The Hexagonal receiver still has the Imperial crest intact as well which is also odd. The writing on the receiver says Foremost Ordnance Factory (of the) USSR at Tula. There is also no importation marks on the rifle which is always a nice bonus. The only thing I am unhappy about is someone scratched FM into the stock. Tomorrow I will let you all know how well she shoots. Well without further ado here are some pics.

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Eaglelord17 For This Useful Post: