This is the case where two deputies were shot at a gun range on a domestic dispute call. A friend of mine was friends with the perpetrator, they were in the same guard unit. What my friend said happened was the wife liked to start beating on him and he fought back. She went call the cops, and went to the hospital with some bruising and minor abrasions (I'm not excusing the man hitting his wife). After the fight he went to the gun range to blow off some steam, the wife knew this and told the cops where he was. The deputies went to the gun range and again, as was told to my friend, tazered without warning. Perp was able to pull out the probes, drew a belly gun and started shooting, and eventually killed both. He then took off, got the spike strips, came out of the rolled truck blazing away, basically suicide by cop. My friend said he took 60 rounds.

I guess there is the danger if they had waited that the perp could have gone on a killing spree, but it seems to me the prudent thing to would have been to let him blow off steam and calm down, wait for him to come back home and arrest him there.

You LEO's be careful out there!

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/car...-deputies.html
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.