I have what I believe is a very correct 1903 Mark I Springfield Rifle (it fits the descriptions I have read). However, it does not have a complete Springfield Bolt assembly. The bolt body in it is a Remington, and the Bolt sleve is also a Remington. I don't know what other parts are labeled or marked on the bolt but those two are defintely Remington. It is barrel dated 11-18 and the serial number falls into the "new" curved bolt range 104523x correct for the barrel date. I have had this rifle for a long long time and it is in excellent condition.

I was wondering if there is a picture reference source somewhere, or if a member has a few nice photos they could share with me detailing the correct markings on a correct Springfield bolt of this vintage rifle. I am going to try to find a correct bolt for it.

The chamber receiver has the original early almost black looking parkerized finish, the barrel breech face and the rest of the rifle have more or less traces of original blue or completely worn off.

Thanks,

Clement
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.