I was offered an 1922 M2 Wednesday, s/n 3XX. It is parked but the bolt was left bright & the firing pin & shroud are blued. The bolt is marked M2 on the top of the root & F on the bottom. The barrel is marked SA 8-32. The stock has been sanded & has no markings visible but is otherwise in VG-Ex shape. It came with two magazines; one has three teeth on each side; I did not see any markings like M2 on it. The second must be an after market; it would not lock into the clip slot & had no teeth. The receiver ring & bridge were d&t. It carries a Lyman 48 long slide with an elevation index of 125.

It came with a hand written letter from the owner who was described as a descendant of the original owner, A US Army officer. A number of the oficer's military records were included but no record indcated purcahse of the rifle. Incidently, he was promoted to sargent in January 1941; commissioned in 1943 & retired a Captain in the 60s.

Asking price is $1500 which I tought was a bit steep for an M2 that had been refinished & was d&t. Any thoughts what it may be worth?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.