Big Five sporting goods has in their current flyer M91/30 Mosin Nagant rifles for sale for $99.00, reg. $179.99. I went over there to check it out. No rifles were on display and a mgr. had to go in the back room to get one. Rifle was in a box similar to what the CMPicon uses to ship their rifles. Included with the rifle is a spike bayonet, sling, oil bottle and ammo pouch. The condition of the rifle appeared to be better than what I expected. The bluing was very deep. I didn't like the import engraving on the receiver, though. The wood did have some dings that exposed raw wood. When I removed the bolt and looked in the bore it was very "dusty", probably oil or grease that trapped dust. I wouldn't buy one without having a clean bore and more time to check it out. I already have two coming from SOG with the hex receiver which is supposed to be stronger. I just posted this FWIW and for your info. I've been told that these rifles are pretty accurate and I see that milsurp ammo is pretty cheap. I've been told to avoid the Bulgarian ammo, is this true? Regards, Mike
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.