I have a 27.6" Katana sword made by the very renown Yansunori. My wifes uncle brought it back from the Phillipenes in 1945. Yansunori made swords for the imperial shrine from 1935 to 1945 and then switched his location and markings and continued making them until 1971. I have a Takentoru, which he made special order during his years with the shrine. This one was made for 2,600 years of the coutawali of the emperor. I did a lot of research on this sword, because of the inconsistencies from the buying experts. The maker of this sword made swords for Tojo, Terauchi and prince Higashikuni. I assume this would impact the value somewhat. I was offered $3,800.00 for it in 1998 from a collector/retailer who did not share any information on it, only saying it was a great find. I am considering selling it but, don't really know how much I should be asking. Do any of you guy's have any idea what I sould be asking for it? Many thanks-SDH
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.