It's funny that you should show those cases, other than that they look to be factory fresh, you're right not unusal. I mentioned that your pic is funny because I found a case of fired IVI dated 79, in the trunk of an old car while I was hunting today. No cartons other than the wire wrapped, gov't marked box listing the container as explosives, 7.62, 1120 rounds in 20 round cartons. There were 900+ cases in the box along with 70 empty 7.62x51 blank cases stamped 65. Nice find. I used to use the blank cases to make 6.5x55 cases, when you could buy the rifles but only corrosive ammo fron International Firearms. The long necks made it a snap to cut to length and fireform with compressed oatmeal over the powder charge. There were also a bunch of empty MREs in the trunk as well as a few other bits of garbage, I guess the militia or whomever wanted to go home early. Unusual though, I thought that the brass had to be accounted for?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.