have a winchester model 67 serial number makes it a mid 30's rifle, it has.............

a very large arrow pointing up on the stock
a "BNP" under a crown on the receiv er
8 tons per (a box shaped figure) on the receiver

I was told when i received this fine little rifle that it was sent to UKicon after dunkirk to aid in training troops. i have absolutely no way to prove or disprove this (not really trying to at this time) but presenting it for comments, i got this when i was 12 and have had it ever since, and i plan on giving it to grandson some day....

i terrorized rabbits and squirrels with it for many many years and filled more than one stew pot with meat in the early fifties in the far far wilds of western cook county (yeah there were still farms in cook county in 1950, and my dad and his friends all hunted pheasants on local farms, i had a 410 and always missed, but then dad said
take the 22 and get some rabbits....)

but anyway this is a neat and still pristine 22 and i wonder if it actually trained troops to fight in WWII
regards

ps io put this on the smle page due to the history buffs there and the description of the stamps
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.