I was talking to Lee Emerson about my Standard M1Aicon that has this 1 OF 100 stamp on the right side of the receiver, just above where the cut out is for select fire in the stock. He said he only knows of one other marked this way in the 4K range. Mine is a 16,X00 rifle.

The weird part is I called SA and they searched (in their paper records) and found the receiver came to them in '81. This all happened over a few days. The representative also said that the only commemoratives they do are the Even Thousand Guns and more main stream ones like Vietnam and Camp Perry types. The rep. said that no one at the factory has seen a stamp like that before and that someone must have added it after they bought it. I told them I was the one who bought it back in the '80s new in the box, so it must have come from SA like that. They had no clue why it was there.

Another difference I noticed is it came with a walnut upper hand guard installed with a fiberglass one wrapped in plastic nestled nicely in the box at the time. Lee broke down where most of he parts came from. It is all USGI. Bolt is an H & R w/ four digit etched serial number on it. Lee said the number was most likey the last four numbers of the M14 the bolt was made for. The rest of the rifle has the standard stuff. TRW trigger group, Winchester barrell, H & R slide I believe and the rest I am still figuring out.

I thought I would toss out all the information I can find so far, maybe some of you guys have come across these in your travels and expertise from time to time. Sorry for the long post!

Ler
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.