I took the 96/38 and FSR/96 to the range today with the explicit motive of comparing two cheap ammos found down here at local gun shows. The first brand of ammo was Ingram and the second was Prima Privara (Xcuze spellin) I shot approximately 100 rounds of each pretty much evenly between the two. The Ingram shoot real nice 2.5" to 3.5" out of the 96/38 and around the same from the FSR, Hum. I got out the P/P and things got a little interesting with the 96/38, some groups shot under 2" with some driver related flyers but the average hung around 2.5" (all shooting was done on fresh targets with 5-shot groups). The FSR on the other hand shot many M.O.A. groups with driver related flyers the running average about 1.5". All shooting was done off a custom hard position bench rest I made to keep me from going for another back surgury (5 and counting), I don't reload for the same reason. The bench rest is very stable and has given me fantastic results for years. All this being considered I'm going to be buying more of the Prima Privara when the conditions permit unless any of you folks let me in on a better deal, HTH-SDH
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.