This is my first posting here, I finally got one of my holy grail guns and I am looking for some help. I walked into the shop and was there just to browse and shoot the breeze when I walked by the milsurp rack and say the array of over priced 03's and then there it was, the crown jewel (by my humble estimation only), an Eddystone M1917. This one was one of my "Holy Grail" guns I have wanted ever since I found out about them, not sure why but it is. A little wheeling and dealing and it was mine!!!

It is a nearly complete 1918 Eddystone. Only the bolt which is a WWII manufactured United Statesicon Shoe Machinery Corp (which I may replace with an Eddystone), barrel and front sight which are Remington dated 12-17. But the stock is my biggest enigma, I am certain it is not original and its only markings are a star on the left hand side above the trigger guard and a circle "P" proof under the hand guard. Because I am an accessory freak I have an oiler, take down tool and original stacking swivel I ordered for it (this was missing).

I have a question I am hoping someone can answer. What does the star stand for and is this a reproduction stock??
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.