just received the cases of this special ball that was available for two minutes on the CMPicon sales site. I checked it out and found that it contained 43 grains of a ball powder, , probably BLC-2 powder per weight and comparison of filling of the case. Also, found the bullet to be 175 grains in weight and a boattail with a nice long length overall. I can't wait to shoot this stuff as soon as the snow quits here in the mountains. It is packed in 50 Cal steel ammo boxes and stencilled on the side, looks original. The cost figures at 61 cents a round, packed and delivered. I guess this is alright, but I bet this is going to be the cheapest ammo sold for a long time by the CMP. The CMP forums suggest that the next supply of the Greek 30.06 , which is likely to go on sale soon, will be even more costly than probably anticipated and they urge everyone who shoots it in the Garandicon, to stock up a supply and not worry about the rising costs.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.