+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: DSM34 Date

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
  1. #1
    Member Jet Fixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last On
    07-06-2020 @ 04:25 PM
    Posts
    63
    Local Date
    10-28-2020
    Local Time
    06:29 AM

    DSM34 Date

    Can anyone date an Erma DSM34 for me? S/N 12964.

    Barrel has the Crown B and Crown U with 5.4mm. No mention of 22 kal. Receiver is stamped ERMA -GmbH Abt-GEWWHRFABRIK-ERFURT on the left and Deutches Sportmodell on the right in a type of gothic script.

    Don't know much about it. Found it in the barn about 25 years ago covered in rust and dirt. Someone tapped the receiver for a scope mount. Had it cleaned up and have wondered about it since. Stock has been cut down. No front handguards. Is there any chance of finding a stock for it?

    Any info is appreciated.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

  2. # ADS
    Friends and Sponsors
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    All Threads
    Banner AD Space Available - Click HERE to Inquire Family owned and operated since 1962, Simpson LTD is the largest collector firearms store in the Midwest. Our globally sourced inventory represents many eras, with an emphasis on World War II and our favorite firearm, the Luger, of which we typically have 2,500 in stock.  Inventory changes daily with 10,000 firearms ready to ship; along with accessories, militaria, and hundreds of book titles. We also offer appraisals, consignment services ranging from single items to full collections, and we are one of the most reliable and competitively priced import and export services available.  We do not offer parts or gunsmithing, but we have a little bit of everything else. Visit our website for more information and our new technical video series Speaking Luger, and like Simpson Ltd on Facebook for updates, previews, and more. LIMITED TIME OFFER FROM THE AMERICAN GUNSMITHING INSTITUTE: Get Immediate Online Access To AGI's NEW Armorer's Course for Glock Pistols, Covering Every Generation of Glocks, Including the Latest Model 42/43 and Double Stack Pistols for ONLY $7.00! Brian Dick ... BDL Ltd. - Specializing in British and Commonwealth weapons Chuck in Denver ... Buy-Sell-Trade .. Guns, Cars Motorcycles Your source for the finest in High Power Competition Gear. Here at T-bones Shipwrighting we specialise in vintage service rifle: re-barrelling, bedding, repairs, modifications and accurizing. We also provide importation services for firearms, parts and weapons, for both private or commercial businesses. Banner AD Space Available - Click HERE to Inquire
     

  3. #2
    Member Jet Fixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last On
    07-06-2020 @ 04:25 PM
    Posts
    63
    Local Date
    10-28-2020
    Local Time
    06:29 AM
    Thread Starter
    10 years and no response.....

  4. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
  5. #3
    Contributing Member
    Buccaneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last On
    10-26-2020 @ 06:32 AM
    Location
    Cardiff Wales UK
    Posts
    402
    Local Date
    10-28-2020
    Local Time
    02:29 PM
    Real Name
    Paul Ellis
    10 years is a long time to wait for an answer, I have two of these great little rifles in my collection, one has the same markings as yours but is marked "KAL.22 Lang FUR BUCHSEN" but has no mention of 5.4mm it also has a four digit serial number, it is also undated.
    The second rifle is marked "ROECHLINGSTAHL" on the side of the barrel and "Duetches Sportmodell" on top of the barrel, the crown over B & U are I think Germanicon proof marks. The receiver is marked "Waffentadt" over a crest with "Suhl" underneath, it also has a 4 digit serial number and the calibre is marked as 5.4mm, this rifle however is dated at 1935. I have checked the books that I have and I can't find any reference to manufacturing dates other than saying that these rifles were made prewar. As for finding a replacement stock I think you might have to wait a lot longer tan 10 years before one turns up...

  6. #4
    Member Jet Fixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last On
    07-06-2020 @ 04:25 PM
    Posts
    63
    Local Date
    10-28-2020
    Local Time
    06:29 AM
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    10 years is a long time to wait for an answer, I have two of these great little rifles in my collection, one has the same markings as yours but is marked "KAL.22 Lang FUR BUCHSEN" but has no mention of 5.4mm it also has a four digit serial number, it is also undated.
    The second rifle is marked "ROECHLINGSTAHL" on the side of the barrel and "Duetches Sportmodell" on top of the barrel, the crown over B & U are I think Germanicon proof marks. The receiver is marked "Waffentadt" over a crest with "Suhl" underneath, it also has a 4 digit serial number and the calibre is marked as 5.4mm, this rifle however is dated at 1935. I have checked the books that I have and I can't find any reference to manufacturing dates other than saying that these rifles were made prewar. As for finding a replacement stock I think you might have to wait a lot longer tan 10 years before one turns up...
    I've never seen dates posted either. I did find a guy who makes them. Last time I checked he wanted $300 for them. Too rich for me though.
    I also found a thread stating the known serial number range for the Erma rifles, and mine is outside of the range. That makes it a little more of a mystery.

  7. #5
    Contributing Member Tom in N.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last On
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Location
    Nothern New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    554
    Local Date
    10-28-2020
    Local Time
    10:29 AM
    Mike Kokolus made replacement, exact copies, of rifle stocks. I paid $300.00 for my Gustlof Werke .22 KKW stock years ago. Well worth it. Since he passed, the business is called CRS (Custom Rifle Stocks). Aaronsburg, PA. gunstockdupicating.com The Imperial proofs, letter under a crown, were in use to 1940, then the eagle proof.
    Last edited by Tom in N.J.; 05-02-2020 at 07:20 AM.

  8. #6
    Member Jet Fixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last On
    07-06-2020 @ 04:25 PM
    Posts
    63
    Local Date
    10-28-2020
    Local Time
    06:29 AM
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom in N.J. View Post
    Mike Kokolus made replacement, exact copies, of rifle stocks. I paid $300.00 for my Gustlof Werke .22 KKW stock years ago. Well worth it. Since he passed, the business is called CRS (Custom Rifle Stocks). Aaronsburg, PA. gunstockdupicating.com The Imperial proofs, letter under a crown, were in use to 1940, then the eagle proof.
    The guy I found is somwhere in Europe I think. Cant remember his name.

    ---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fixer View Post
    The guy I found is somwhere in Europe I think. Cant remember his name.
    This is the place.

    http://www.fox-military.com/en/



    ---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fixer View Post
    The guy I found is somwhere in Europe I think. Cant remember his name.
    This is the place.

    http://www.fox-military.com/en/

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. DSM34...Not Exactly a Mauser
    By Jet Fixer in forum Mauser Rifles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 02:17 PM
  2. Barrel date on STD PRO from CMP
    By raycer911 in forum M1/M2 Carbine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 08:37 PM
  3. Can someone help with mfg date for new M1A?
    By colreed in forum M1 Garand/M14/M1A Rifles
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 04:06 PM
  4. Date of Rem Rand
    By Kleanbore1 in forum 1911/1911A1 Service Pistol
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 10:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts