Recently I acquired a british 303 enfield mfg. in 1916 by BSA Co. SR#35493 with an A above the #. I'm not sure if the A is part of the SR# or not. From comparing it to the pics you have posted it is 1 inch shorter overall. it has a 25 1/2 barrel with a sporterized stock. it has the same marks as shone on your posted one except. under the crown and letters G R yours has enfield, mine has BSA Co. and then they are again marked the same with Sht LE and under that III *, but mine has a 6 point star also yours does not. I have been trying to find a magazine for it. and in doing so I have discovered that these guns were made by several different manufacturers and while basically the same there are subtile liittle differences. there are a couple of different magazines for starters. I don't know how to tell if mine is designated a sniper rifle or not. Can you help me find a magazine for it and can you help me find if there is any history that would make it special.

thank you for your consideration
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.