Real Name
    Doug
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    05:59 PM
    My Videos in Video Club

Article: 1944 C No.7 .22 Caliber Lee-Enfield Training Rifle

You can view the page at https://www.milsurps.com/content.php...Training-Rifle
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

Last On
    05-12-2024 @ 10:52 AM
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    04:59 PM
    I originally wrote this article back in 2007...just over 6 years ago. While I will stand behind the information on it, I must mention that market prices given are now quite out of date. I would suggest that they could be almost doubled over what I gave.

I would also caution buyers to read the article closely before purchasing a Cno7. The sale of scrubbed receivers, along with the high prices, have resulted in a lot of very high priced fakes on the market these days, along with outright forgeries. With the high prices, there are now rifles with re-engraved receivers and sleeved barrels appearing on the market.

Buyer's beware, and if things do not appear right, then they likely aren't. Too often, in a buyer's desire to own one of these, they will talk themselves out of heeding the warning signs.

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    Last On
    05-12-2024 @ 10:52 AM
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    04:59 PM
    I just wanted to add some new information to the article above.

I have recently come into photos of two later dated production rifles: 1951 and 1953. I have in fact picked up a 1953 dated Cno7 rifle which is non-serialized. Of the ones I observed in photos, the serial format continued with 2L0001 and went up from there. There is a thread somewhere on this forum where SeaforthHighlander reflects the serial numbers of rifles held by his cadet organisation as also being in the 2L series. While original Cno7s are rare enough on their own in civilian hands, the 50s dated rifles would have to be considered the hardest to find.

Also, an update to the article above would be that the Canadianicon Military is withdrawing the bulk of the Cno7s from service and having them converted into Drill Purpose rifles. I know a curator at a local military museum who actually had a recall notice from the supply manager to turn the one in their museum in, but was able to stop it by converting the NSN of the rifle to one intended for museum purposes.

+ Reply to Thread