Quote Originally Posted by jrodshop View Post
I'm looking at an SKS, which I surmise is an early Chinese model. Could find now Chinese markings, no imprint on barrel at all. S/N (008XX) appears in large digits on top next to where the range finder is located (receiver?). It is also imprinted underside of the trigger. Only being able to see the 5 digits before, this appeared to be one of the early ones made in 1956 at factory 26. Judging by the look of the metal, it is that old. But then with lighted magnifying glass to aid these old eyes, I see there is imprint partially concealed by the replacement stock, looks like 1-14008XX... and a Chinese symbol, the top of which looks like some kind of cross. All wood has been replaced with high-impact plastic (ABS?) with the folding butt stock. Bipod and spike-type bayonet are still attached. Trying to help the widow of an old friend identify this thing and put a price on it, with padded nylon case and a couple of magazines.Attachment 93611Attachment 93610Attachment 93611Attachment 93610
From the serial number it's a 14th year gun or 1969.

The missing 10rd magazine, aftermarket stock, bipod, scope and muzzle doohickey all put it in the $225-300 range.

In original all matching configuration it might by worth $325-375 USD in the right sale. If you still have the orginal stock and magazine, return it to original configuration to get the extra money from the sale.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.