Having read up on what distinguishes a USGI 30 round magazine from the aftermarket and reproductions out there, I've been trying to acquire a few early USGI 30 round mags. After some searching I picked up two splitlback SEYs and a splitback J marked mag. I read about the hardback magazines, but only saw pictures of one on GB where the seller was asking $125 for a NIW version.
Then I read a GB ad for a 30 round magazine in a vintage box. The written description left much to be desired, but the pictures seemed to show a hardback SEY magazine, and it fit the description in the PDF file I downloaded from the CMPicon website. It had a "Buy It Now" price of $27, so I picked it up. Here is a picture of the hardback SEY (on the right) next to a splitback SEY (on the left). It looks correct to me, and as far as I know, no one has made an aftermarket or reproduction hardback magazine. Any comments are welcome.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.