According to reports I've received, the 105 CTi is still a work in progress. By that, I don't mean that any major overhaul is being considered—only that Remington may still be doing a little tweaking here and there that won't dramatically alter the design. That tweaking is to be expected on a design that differs so markedly from other Remington gas-operated shotguns. For one thing, 105 CTi ejects spent hulls downward from the titanium receiver rather than sideways. Another not-so-noticeable difference is an object identified as a "rate controller," hidden within the stock. The closest thing to this part on the familiar Model 1100 or 1187 would be the action spring. The rate controller serves as a seat for the tail of the bolt-slide assembly, and does everything an action spring does. Plus, I'm told, it soaks up some recoil. In addition, felt recoil is reduced by the combination of a new optimized gas system, an over-bored barrel, a lengthened forcing cone, and a new convex recoil pad. Taken together, this makes 105 CTi the lightest, softest-shooting 12 gauge that Remington has ever produced.

More...
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.