Cost me my nicest 9mm pistol, but whatever....she's a waaaay prettier in p erson than the pictures show AND it's my first '17! She's got a Remington 6-18 Barrel, an Eddy bolt, a couple other E's and W's on stock parts (haven't seen a trigger stamp, but haven't dis-assembled). The finish is perfecto! Where she's not blue, she's got the most beautifully patina (patena?). No rust, no pitting, maybe the very first signs of some of the dark spots in the patina turning to rust, but it's hard to tell if it's rust or not. Bore...well, I'll start by saying it could be a lot worse... The rifiling is strong and looks pretty good for a rifle with obvious heavy use, but there's no shine left (is this what they call "frosted"). The wood is very deep and has the nice boxed P and boxed S S.A.A., looks like it's never seen sandpaper and has been well oiled all it's life. I got her last weekend and instantly went after the bore with solvent, amazing amount of crap came out, but it may never be shiny again...another "whatever" in my mind.

Haven't shot her yet, but she came with 80rds on stripper clips so it won't be long. It was my brothers, and I was told I shot it a decade ago and was very, very impressed with the accuracy, but damned if I can recall. Anyway, I'll shoot her and post some results down the road.

Hey, what's with the hole in the right-front of the receiver (picture 2)? Almost looks like a loaded chamber inspection hole?

thanks, zacmp

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.