This turned up as bare bones. Reciever, Bolt and Barrel. She is a 1912 Enfield No1 Mk III converted by the NZicon army circa 1920 ('20 stamped on the barrel?) to .22 cal.
I used the best of my parts stash to fix her up. Unissued forend, not the early type though. A fwd handguard also unissued, from the Parker Hale cache. The rear handguard is a WW2 Slaz but its also real nice. A windage sight donated by a old sporter which I bought for the Mk3 magazine on it. I stripped a Mk4 mag which I had which has a ding in the side and fitted that. The butt was carefully scraped with a cabinet scraper to remove some nasty orbital sander marks and I was rewarded with a faint 'NZ' on it.

I took it down to Otago to see how it went (mainly used a Ruger .17 Hmr) and this is the first bunny I got with it, standing at about 20 metres, could just see his ears poking up through the long grass. Not a 8 point stag but not bad for a rifle which is due for a letter from the queen (100 years old for those unfamiliar with the commonwealth tradition)
Such a nice rifle to use and once I got used to it I found that if I could see the rabbit through the iron sights i'd get it.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.