I was looking in a local shop a while back, not to buy anything, but just to go look around while I was in town. I saw a cosmolineicon covered M1icon Garand sitting amoung several other M1 Garands there. Well I had to look at it while I was there, and I asked why this one rifle was still in the cosmoline? He said it was an unissued Correct Grade Greek Return. Well, I dont think it has any papers from the CMPicon that go with it, so how do you know? I mean, what if he tears it down right there and shows you it has all the correct parts, but still no CMP papers? Is a person to assume that it is still a "correct Grade" or not a correct Grade? We all know people can actually put all those parts in them, and just re-apply the cosmoline. So what do you do?
Would you buy it at the 2K+ asking price (FIRM) ? I guess its always good to ask this next question...."what would the rifle be worth" (ME) near zero & (TE) near zero, without the paperwork from the CMP, providing it seems to be or looks like everything is correct? Saying perhaps original looking stock, and all parts appear to be properly marked etc,etc,etc...?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.