Thread: L42/Enforcer Ammunication

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Last On
    12-04-2019 @ 01:59 PM
    Local Date
    07-10-2020
    Local Time
    10:22 PM
    Follow Enfield Enforcer On Twitter Add Enfield Enforcer on Facebook Add Enfield Enforcer on MySpace
    Quote Originally Posted by bigduke6 View Post
    Second pic along post #29 is the surplus I've used in the past, one example is a Enfield with a L42 barrel fitted and a PH sight, even with me behind the trigger I was punching the paper and making clover leaf,s at 100mtrs, a few were just in the same hole.......... considering the price at the time and compared to the other lads with expensive rifles with all singing and dancing telecope, plus the reloads they where using which were the result of many hours of expense regarding the amount of different powders and bullet weights etc....... it certainly brought a smile to my face, as their targets weren't what they quite expected, I should of framed mine...

The cheapest I've seen it recently was about £47 a 100, it was when I was searching for 7.62 x 39, which has doubled in price.......

That sounds great - to make pictures was possible, I hope ? A special equipment.. An Enfield with an L 42 barrel fitted and a PH Sight. Yes, the DNAG ammo shows often a really good performance.

In the meantime I found a picture of this .303 Britishicon-Ammo from MEN. Here:
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	.303 British MEN Surplus für NATO-Reserve 1988..jpg‎
Views:	131
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	98815  

2. # ADS
    Friends and Sponsors

Really Senior Member Frederick303's Avatar
    Last On
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Local Date
    07-10-2020
    Local Time
    06:22 PM
    Today I took my 1987 MAB Omark target rifle, with a 1-14 LBS barrel, pretty much state of the art for shooting 7.62 NATO ball circa 1988. Fired 3- 10 shot groups of DAG 96 A0489, prone sling supported position with a kneeling bag elbow rest .

The ammunition is NATO DM41 ball, cupronickel jacketed steel jacket, 148 grain, repackaged for commercial sale by SM Chemnitzer Sportwaffen und Munsitions Gmbh, AM2030. Date code is approximate as they range a ring through the headlamp, date found by careful examination by magnification glass.

In any case 3-10 shot groups were as follows @ 100 yards:

1.510 ", 1.640" and 1.760"

The first group is really 7 shots as I moved the sight after two spotters and then after the 3rd round. After that I did not touch the sights for any other string. The second string was primarily vertical stringing, the light was a wee bit too dark for my old eyes to use a .043" (1.1mm) rear aperture. for the last group opened it up to .046" (1.17~1.18mm) The last group was marred by the fact that the front sight lockite broke down and the sight base was moving, so the last shot was rather far to the left and the zero bubble no longer indicated the sight was true. if the last shot was omitted the group ended up at a nice respectable 1.510

Of course I need to chronograph these cartridges to know how they would do long range, but for whatever reason my experience with Germanicon DM41 or DM111 ball has always been very good in these classic UKicon match rifles.

4. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    Last On
    12-04-2019 @ 01:59 PM
    Local Date
    07-10-2020
    Local Time
    10:22 PM
    Follow Enfield Enforcer On Twitter Add Enfield Enforcer on Facebook Add Enfield Enforcer on MySpace
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick303 View Post
    Today I took my 1987 MAB Omark target rifle, with a 1-14 LBS barrel, pretty much state of the art for shooting 7.62 NATO ball circa 1988. Fired 3- 10 shot groups of DAG 96 A0489, prone sling supported position with a kneeling bag elbow rest .

The ammunition is NATO DM41 ball, cupronickel jacketed steel jacket, 148 grain, repackaged for commercial sale by SM Chemnitzer Sportwaffen und Munsitions Gmbh, AM2030. Date code is approximate as they range a ring through the headlamp, date found by careful examination by magnification glass.

In any case 3-10 shot groups were as follows @ 100 yards:

1.510 ", 1.640" and 1.760"

The first group is really 7 shots as I moved the sight after two spotters and then after the 3rd round. After that I did not touch the sights for any other string. The second string was primarily vertical stringing, the light was a wee bit too dark for my old eyes to use a .043" (1.1mm) rear aperture. for the last group opened it up to .046" (1.17~1.18mm) The last group was marred by the fact that the front sight lockite broke down and the sight base was moving, so the last shot was rather far to the left and the zero bubble no longer indicated the sight was true. if the last shot was omitted the group ended up at a nice respectable 1.510

Of course I need to chronograph these cartridges to know how they would do long range, but for whatever reason my experience with Germanicon DM41 or DM111 ball has always been very good in these classic UKicon match rifles.

Thanks Frederick303

That sounds really impressive !.. . I will have a longer look to all your information a bit later. I hope that happens soon. Unfortunately I'm in a hurry today. And my week was quite an irregular one.. .
    This DM41 Ball-Ammo seems to be a really good choice for our type of rifles. Unfortunately I couldn't find such ammo here in Switzerlandicon, at least until now. This picture may prove their quality level, too.. .

Have a nice evening !

Greetings Enfield Enforcer
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Enfield Envoy Schussbild DM 41 Ball-Ammo..jpg‎
Views:	58
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	99115  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4