Quote Originally Posted by Peter Laidlericon View Post
It's just the thought of 4x fully loaded magazines hanging off your shoulder, only held in place by the epaulettes - and that's only held up by a butrton don't forget - and the imbalance of it all......... Well, just don't seem right to me!
I agree with your points Pete. But WHEN did Common sense ever come into Play in the Army?.......The closure Copper folded 'Loop' is exactly the same as on rifle bandoliers. IE: Designed to be disposable in the field. I don't think these lasted very long, as pointed out by GSIMMONS as well. AND if the Ties were done up correctly, attached to the yoke straps front & rear (Guess his No.2 would have to tie the rear ties!) then in THEORY. It shouldn't move across his shoulder....I did say in THEORY Pete!......LOL. As we all know, the section Wallahs all carried at least two mags each for the gun. So really, an extra rifle bandolier with clipped ammo. Should be sufficient to top up the mags when needed. Hence this item was really superfluous, from the word Go!