Hi,

I'm pretty up-to-speed on most guns, but am a little lacking on Mausers. I have knowledge about the gun itself, but not as knowledgeable on what has happened to guns since the war -- specifically dealing with import into our country, and the history of Russianicon Capture.

With that said, I would like to add a Mauser into my collection, but need some info. I'm not looking for something that's perfect, I just want it to be "untampered" with by unscrupulous importers. I'm looking at some that are advertised with Century Arms (despite what some people say, I've had nothing but good luck with everything I've bought from them, other than their import marks being a little large).

The ones I'm looking at is a JP Saur & Sohn (CE manufacture) in good condition for $700. A Mauser Werke (BYF mfg) in good condition for $600, and a Gustloff Werke (BCD mfg) for $700.

I talked to their marketing person (I'm a writer and youtube reviewer and I've worked with them in the past), and she said their armory told her that a few of them even have Nazi proofs still on them.

A couple of questions:

- Is the price in line with what I should pay?
- Is there anything I should be leery about (things that aren't consistent with your knowledge of these rifles)?

Are these RC? I'm assuming they are.

Thanks for any input.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.