Hi folks.. I haven't been here long enough to go over my resume. But, I am an amature military weapon collector. I have several from Garandicon, to Carbine, to M1911, etc.. I have been looking for an M97 Trench gun. I've had no luck so far, but the search continues. However, in the meantime, I picked up a pretty good deal on a Police issue 1897 Riot gun. I want to add the heat shield/bayonet lug to it, basically converting it to a "faux" M97. It will fill the hole in my collection at least until I find a real USGI one. The cool thing is the Police issue is the same gun, so no modifications will be needed other than the addition of the heat shield. Here is the Riot gun. I love it, but sho would love it more if it had the U.S. arsenal markings.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

The only markings showing it's service other than the standard Winchester markings is an "inventory" stamp in the heal. Typical of a service gun.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.