This particular rifle is notable for its lack of markings. It has the short front sight, a very nice walnut stock with a brownish shellac or varnish of some kind. It has a front sight hood with two screws. It appears to have a very nicely done brown tinted bluing at some time in the distant past. The barrel and receiver match numbers, and the barrel is in excellent condition. The bolt is force matched with electrostenciled serial. Upon disassembly, I see that most of the small bits are marked with either 'K' or 'R', which I understood to be of Budapest or Austrian manufacture. Rifle has no import marks at all. On other forums, people have said it was 'scrubbed', but wouldn't that leave evidence where the metal was removed? It looks like it never had markings, like the others I've seen.
Here are some pictures. I would really love to know what I have here. I've shot it and it's actually quite accurate, although it is painful as hell to shoot.

[IMG]http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s584/b
eaurrr/steyr/DSC01054_zps04dbbe08.jpg~original[/IMG]

EDIT: added the following pictures of other markings.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.