(Edged Weapons Forum)
    Last On
    02-23-2016 @ 03:41 PM
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    06:30 AM

#4 Savage Enfield for shooting

Over the Christmas holiday's I will be looking to build my annual personal shooting gun. I've been doing it for years. I build one for myself, shoot it for a couple of years then either retire it or trade it off for something new, a family tradition so to speak. This year I am going to stray a bit, I am going to build a open sight, target version of the #4 on a Savage platform. I will be keeping it in .303 for the sake of tradition. I am looking for suggestions as to what would make this platform a better than an average shooter. My specialty is fat barrel guns so this is in gray area for me. Any suggestions would be greatly and seriously appreciated. I own my own tool room/machine shop and have budgeted for sights, so I am very open for suggestions-SDH
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    11-14-2009 @ 02:02 PM
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    05:30 AM

savage enfield

Suggestions are depending what you are will doing with this rifle, just for Target shooting, or for Hunting ?

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    Senior Moderator
    (Founding Partner)

Site Founder
    Last On
    05-11-2024 @ 08:19 AM
    Real Name
    Ronald
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    For starters get a Parker Hale PH-5C or AJ Parker TZ4/47 rear aperture sight and a Parker Hale or Lyman front tunnel sight. After that it's just a matter of what kind of bedding you want to use, whether you want a custom barrel or tu use the stock barrel, etc.
    Союз нерушимый республик свободных Сплотила навеки Великая Русь. Да здравствует созданный волей народов Единый, могучий Советский Союз!

(Edged Weapons Forum)
    Last On
    02-23-2016 @ 03:41 PM
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    I'd like to set it up for modified Mil Surp shoots, where you are allowed to shoot N.M. rifles etc. Un-fortunatly do to a severe physical disability, I have to shoot all my stuff from a hard rest. So if the gun makes it too a match, I won't be doing the driving. This does have a plus side, I see exactly what the gun can do. Some fellow at the plant just today told me of a manual he has regarding such work, put out by Canadianicon Armorors. I'm trying to work out borrowing the scribe and making copy's- SDH

+ Reply to Thread