I have a M1A1icon Thompson and I always looked for boxes of 50 rd GI, 45 acp ammo to run through it in the past and which usually ran much cheaper then commercial ammo and I used to buy it for $8-10 a box, then it went to $15-$20 a box or so. I haven't shot the Thompson for a good number of years so I haven't been looking to buy any ammo for it and what I already accumulated I shoot in my 1911 pistol once in a while.
The last time I happen to notice some boxes of 45acp ammo for sale at a shows they were priced at $35 and even $40 a box. Funny how your mind works, even though I haven't bought the ammo for a long while, but because of past habit, I would still would focus on those boxes of GI ammo at shows.
Anyway the question, I spotted this box of box of 1990 Match ammo all by it self on a table at a show priced at $25 which I though was a decent price from what I've been seeing, and which I was able to buy for $20.
Ok, having said all this, my question is, is there a big different in between the match 45 acp ammo over the regular ammo? I imagine closer tolerances. Do they do a special more closer watched run of them? Just curious, Ray

Attachment 64414
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.