I picked up an Australianicon 1907 bayonet made during 9 43 in a scabbard that has some markings I can't quite decipher. Probably would not show in a photo as they are faint and need specific lighting to see.

Appears to be HGRI7 following along the seam on the back. Could this be HGR 17 meaning Britishicon production 1917? It's in excellent shape so seems improbable that this would be a WWI scabbard. Partially stamped over this is a W which is turned 90 degrees from the other letters. Does this mean waxed? The W is in a much larger font although not stamped nearly as deep as the rest. It is partially over the 7.

On the other side of the seam is a broad arrow over a large crown with either dates or letters beneath it which I think is an inspectors mark. About a half inch below this are two or three letters or numbers which I cannot read at all although the center one could be a 1.

The top metal has a mark in a small diamond. Two lines of letters, top line W and the right is obscured by green paint. Bottom letter is an M. This is just above the staple
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.