I have an M94 Swedishicon Mauser that I am restoring. It was sporterized, but mostly left intact(not hacked up or a fake M94). It was drilled for a scope and when I acquired it and had an old Redfield 4x. I have decided to restore it back to its military configuration, as it appears possible. It is a very handy rifle and I can see why someone used it as a hunting rifle.

I have acquired the m94 stock, muzzle cap, rear sight parts, upper handguard, handguard retainer and metal parts for the stock. Here is what I still need.

1. Rear sight pin
2. Carbine barrel band
3. Buttstock plate screw
4. Entire front sight
5. Sling
6. Replacement stock disc
7. Original safety

I will need to replace the entire front sight as it was removed. The only replacements I see are for the k98 and the Turkishicon mauser. The k98 is too long and also the ID is too small, but it looks like it could be cut down to size and the ID opened up to fit on the barrel. The Turkish mauser sight looks like the Swede sight, and would probably be the easiest to install.

The second part to work on is installing the rear sight. There appears to be a pin that goes through the spring and sleeve into a hole on the barrel. I've rear that the rear sight is soldered in, but I haven't seen anything on how to do it.

The bolt handle was bent even more to clear a scope. It prevents the bolt from fully closing on a non modified stock. I'll probably just modify the stock a bit to get it to work.

Once I acquire the final parts and get the sights installed, the rifle should be a pretty good shooter. The bore looks great and all of the other metal parts are nice.

Here are a few pictures.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.